Version 1.96 (Oct 20, 2021)
- Add new "Edit in Scene View" feature to tweak some beam's properties directly in the 3D view using convenient gizmos.
- Minor Editor UI improvements.
- Fix broken documentation URLs.
Version 1.95 (Jun 14, 2021)
- Speed up loading by switching Noise 3D texture to real Texture 3D asset.
- Minor improvements on shader hot reloading.
- Drop support of Unity 5 and 2017.
Version 1.94 (Apr 12, 2021)
- Add a new collection of runtime effects (Flicker and Pulse components) to apply cool strobe and flashing FX on your Lights and Volumetric Beams in a couple of clicks.
- Convert DustParticles Spawning Min Distance and Spawning Max Distance to a single Spawning Distance Range.
- Tons of Editor UI cleanup and improvements with shortened inspector windows and new icons.
- Lot of code optimization to make update functions faster and GC Alloc free.
Version 1.93 (Mar 29, 2021)
Version 1.92 (Mar 01, 2021)
Version 1.91 (Feb 09, 2021)
Version 1.90 (Jan 11, 2021)
Version 1.89 (Dec 08, 2020)
Version 1.88 (Nov 18, 2020)
Version 1.87 (Nov 03, 2020)
- Improve feedback when using wrong Render Pipeline option.
- Various optimizations.
GetInsideBeamFactorFromObjectSpacePos function with 2D beams.
Version 1.86 (Sep 21, 2020)
- Add Dithering option to smooth color banding issues.
- Fix Exponential and Exponential squared fog wrongly applied with URP.
Version 1.85 (Sep 04, 2020)
- Fix shader compilation error happening with URP and Vulkan on Unity 2020.1.2 or higher.
Version 1.84 (Aug 24, 2020)
- Improve 2D support: add a new Dimensions property on the beam to control either it will be generated along the Z or X axis.
- The TriggerZone component will now generate a 2D Polygon Collider instead of a 3D Mesh Collider for 2D beams.
- Rename enum OccluderDimensions to Dimensions.
- Improve support of LWRP.
Version 1.83 (Jul 23, 2020)
- Speed up build export time by generating only the necessary shader.
- Add full SRP Batcher support.
- Detect the render pipeline is use when installing the plugin and automatically set the proper Render Pipeline setting.
- The plugin's shader variants keywords are now declared in local and do not contribute towards Unity’s global keyword count limit anymore.
- Fix non-breaking errors that could happen when exporting URP builds:
failed to open source file: 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderVariables.hlsl'
- Fix GPU Instancing that could be disabled in exporting builds while working in the editor.
Version 1.82 (May 25, 2020)
Version 1.81 (May 04, 2020)
Version 1.80 (Mar 31, 2020)
- Introduce a new and more advanced Dynamic Occlusion feature: Dynamic Occlusion (Depth Buffer)
- Give more control over performance by adding more properties to Dynamic Occlusion feature.
- Fix some issues related to Dynamic Occlusion occurring in Unity 2019.3.6 with HDRP.
- Fix beams not movable without trackChangesDuringPlaytime enabled with SRP & GPU Instancing.
- Performance improvements with SRP.
- Improve support of Unity 2020.1
Version 1.77 (Feb 25, 2020)
- Improve support of both HDRP and URP by using their native API.
- Fix glitchy beams when having both the scene view and the game view opened in editor when using HDRP or URP.
Version 1.76 (Feb 14, 2020)
- Fix support of HDRP with Unity 2019.3 or above.
- Dust Particles sub-GameObjects will now be generated with the same static editor flags than the Volumetric Light Beam GameObject itself.
- Fix compilation warning occurring on Unity 2019.2 or above.
- Fade Out feature can now be enabled at runtime.
- Fix issue when trying to create a Config Override asset during playtime.
- Prevent reflection probes from breaking GPU Instancing.
- Fix some artifacts visible when the beam's cap is too close to some opaque geometry.
Version 1.75 (Nov 25, 2019)
Version 1.74 (Oct 31, 2019)
Version 1.73 (Sep 20, 2019)
- Add Dynamic Occlusion's Fade Distance Units property.
- Optimize Dynamic Occlusion memory usage.
- Improve Editor UI and fix compatibility with Unity 2019.3.
Version 1.72 (Aug 02, 2019)
- Fix depth blending not properly computed in some cases with HDRP and GPU Instancing.
- Fix support of ScalableBufferManager.ResizeBuffers.
- Fix Editor UI exception Getting control 2's position in a group with only 2 controls when doing mouseDown.
Version 1.71 (Jul 03, 2019)
Version 1.70 (Jun 05, 2019)
- Introduce a better way to modify Configuration properties to prevent your local changes from being overridden each time you update the plugin.
- Fix support of Render Scale and Dynamic Resolution with LWRP.
Version 1.64 (May 06, 2019)
- Add Fade Out feature.
- Rename Volumetric Light Beam properties fadeStart & fadeEnd to fallOffStart & fallOffEnd.
Version 1.63 (Apr 23, 2019)
- Fix support of Unity 2019.1.0.
- The Volumetric Light Beam class is now declared as partial to ease extending it.
Version 1.62 (Mar 12, 2019)
- Fix Single Pass Instanced Stereo Rendering Method in VR.
- Fix beams switching on and off randomly in rare cases with GPU Instancing enabled on standalone builds.
- Fix Dynamic Occlusion wrongly computed on scaled beams.
- Add new Consider Triggers property on Dynamic Occlusion to specify if a beam should also be occluded by triggers or not.
- Improve loading time on exported builds.
- Editor inspector UI improvements.
Version 1.61 (Jan 07, 2019)
Version 1.60 (Dec 10, 2018)
Version 1.52 (Nov 5, 2018)
- The Layer specified in the Config on which the procedural beams are created is now optional.
- Fix shader errors on some iOS devices when using Metal API.
- Fix compilation issues with Unity 2019.1 alpha.
Version 1.51 (Sep 12, 2018)
Version 1.50 (Aug 20, 2018)
Version 1.42 (Jul 20, 2018)
- Add TriggerZone feature designed to track objects passing through the light beam and to track when the beam is passing over them.
Version 1.41 (Jul 2, 2018)
Version 1.40 (May 16, 2018)
- Fix color gradient feature on devices with Shader Model 3.0 capabilities.
- Fix various minor rendering artifacts on low-end platforms such as mobile.
Version 1.39 (May 2, 2018)
- Restore Alpha Inside / Outside properties
- Code clean up
- Minor improvements and optimizations
Version 1.38 (Apr 6, 2018)
- Fix visual artefacts appearing on cap geometry mainly on iOS platforms.
- API improvements
Version 1.37 (Mar 19, 2018)
Version 1.36 (Mar 9, 2018)
- Add Gradient Color feature.
- Merge "Inside Alpha" and "Outside Alpha" properties into one unique "Alpha" property.
Version 1.35 (Feb 24, 2018)
- add "Sorting Layers" and "Order in Layer" properties which determine the render order, to be able to mix Volumetric Light Beams with 2D Sprites.
Version 1.34 (Feb 2, 2018)
- 'trackChangesDuringPlaytime' property can now be changed in real-time.
- All properties are now properly clamped when changed during playtime from script and/or animator.
- Editor UI improvements.
Version 1.33 (Jan 18, 2018)
- Add '3D Noise' support on mobile devices. Now the limitation is the following: 3D Noise feature requires shader capabilities equal or higher than Shader Model 3.5 / OpenGL ES 3.0. Any mobile devices released after 2012 should support it.
- Fix '3D Noise' bug not appearing in editor's scene view with WebGL set as the current platform.
- Improve scripting API: you can now change any properties just after instantiating a new beam from script, without having to call any other methods.
- Improve compatibility with Unity 2018 beta.
- Fix issues when compiling shaders with STEREO_MULTIVIEW_ON.
Version 1.32 (Dec 27, 2017)
Version 1.31 (Dec 16, 2017)
- Performance improvements.
- UI improvements (realtime infos in 'Volumetric Dust Particles' inspector).
- Noise3D workaround because of a bug in Unity Editor (not happening in build) when WebGL is the current platform.
Version 1.30 (Dec 3, 2017)
- Add Volumetric Dust Particles feature.
- Add Attenuation Equation feature, to choose between linear (legacy), quadratic (realistic) or blend (custom mix between linear and quadratic) attenuation formula.
- Fix beams not properly rendered with orthographic cameras (including editor scene view camera).
Version 1.20 (Nov 22, 2017)
- Drastically improve beam rendering when looking at it from behind and from inside.
- Merge properties fresnelPowInside and fresnelPowOutside to fresnelPow.
- Remove property boostDistanceInside
- Add properties glareFrontal (which replace boostDistanceInside) and glareBehind
Version 1.13 (Nov 15, 2017)
- Fix auto property update when tweaking Spotlight properties from Editor Inspector
- Fix message saying that Noise3D was't properly loaded when opening the configuration file from editor before creating a VLB without Noise3D enabled
- add VLB coneVolume readonly property
Version 1.12 (Nov 10, 2017)
- Improve multi-object editing feature
Version 1.11 (Nov 5, 2017)
- Support property changes during Playtime: you can now dynamically animate every properties of the beam and/or the spotlight via Script, Animator or Timeline. Make sure to check the new 'trackChangesDuringPlaytime' property to enable this feature.
- Performance improvements
Version 1.10 (Oct 25, 2017)
- add 3D Noise feature to simulate dynamic and volumetric fog, mist and smoke.
- add multi-object editing support.
- improve global configuration file, with global noise properties and geometry layer ID.
- major optimizations thanks to shader's multi compile.
Version 1.00 (Oct 3, 2017)