Volumetric Light Beam is fully compatible and is constantly tested in depth on the following platforms:
- Computers: Windows PC, Mac OSX, Linux, WebGL
- Mobile: iOS, Android (SD Beams only)
- AR: iOS ARKit, Android ARCore (SD Beams only)
- VR high-end headsets: Oculus/Meta Rift, HTC Vive, Valve Index...
- VR standalone headsets: Oculus/Meta Quest, Oculus/Meta Go, Gear VR, Daydream (SD Beams only)
- Mixed reality: HoloLens (SD Beams only)
- Consoles: although not officially supported, the plugin is known to run smoothly on the Sony Playstation 4 and the Nintendo Switch
Volumetric Light Beam is fully compatible with the following features:
- Deferred and Forward rendering path (like any semi-transparent objects, beams are rendered using a Forward rendering pass on top of the Deferred one. This is a well known limitation of the Deferred Rendering technique).
- Gamma and Linear color spaces.
- All Render Pipelines: Built-in / Legacy, Scriptable Render Pipelines (URP, HDRP).
- All Graphics APIs: DirectX, OpenGL, OpenGLES, Vulkan, Metal...
- All Virtual Reality Stereo Rendering Methods: Multi Pass, Single Pass and Single Pass Instanced.
- Augmented Reality: ARKit (Apple iOS) & ARCore (Google Android).
- Batching techniques such as GPU Instancing and SRP Batcher.
- 3D and 2D.
Unity Editor Version
Volumetric Light Beam is compatible with all Unity versions from 2018.4.0 to the latest 2019.X, 2020.X, 2021.X, 2022.X and 2023.X releases. Each time a new version of Unity is in alpha, beta or is released, we test the plugin and make sure it runs smoothly on it.
|Plaftorm||SD Beams||HD Beams|